Want to help end ticket-scalping and ticket-fraud?
Want to join a team of hard working, fun loving people who are still a little weird and know how to both ship rock solid code and not take life too seriously?
The Lyte engineering/data team is scrappy crew of technology professionals who have experience across the early stage startup realm. We are looking for a talented data scientist to own all aspects of some of our most sensitive tools. We have significant traction with our services services like automated pricing, demand forecasting/aggregation and secondary market analysis to the music industry. You will help us take our current offerings to the next level.
As a Senior Data Scientist you are:
- Skilled in data modeling AND python api implementations.
- Well educated in topics ranging from computational finance to statistics to machine learning and anything in between that helps you better understand the role of data in decision making.
- A creative thinker who can think at high an low levels to understand how our product fits into the music industry.
- Experienced with startups and what it takes to make data analytics tools work, likely you've been a data product owner or a founder or have been through an acquisition.
- Capable of mentoring and owning the BI/Analytics team and growing out further data functions inside our organization.
- Capable of distilling and presenting complex data models to Lyte leadership team and also senior members of the music/ticketing industries.
In addition to being technically savvy, we love music and events and when we are not pushing code, we are actively trying to have fun in life.
Some of our team members are in bands, some just like to play flute by themselves out in the mountains. Sometimes we participate in the ticketing experience at live events like BottleRock or AfroPunk or SplashHouse. Sometimes, we host parties at these events and do other interesting music industry stuff.
- Competitive Salary including meaningful equity.
- Flexible Vacation policy, take the time you need.
- A mature team of people who realize that work life balance requires rigor, discipline and internal organization.
- Awesome opportunities to occasionally interact with all walks of life in the music industry.
- 2nd and Howard office location, easy access to major transit.
- Office provided snacks, food, occasional lunches, coffee, peer baked goods.
- Occasional happy hours but not an office dominated by the party vibe.
- Other cool industry perks that we will tell you about in an interview.
Note: All recruiting is handled by a seasoned dev who helps lead the dev team :)