Lyte is a rapidly growing product company expanding our team of talented engineers at our Minsk office. We are looking for Middle/Senior Python Developer (with Technical support responsibilities) to work in US timezone (8 p.m. - 2 a.m. / 2 a.m. - 8 a.m. Minsk time).
Lyte’s technology is product driven solutions for the music and live events industry, including top global live events like Coachella and Burning Man. We are increasingly expanding our global reach by supporting global world tours and more events outside of the United States. Ideal candidates would value working for a results oriented company and seeing immediate use of their work.
Headquartered in the USA with established offices in San Francisco, New York, and Minsk, Lyte is a globally distributed company with employees across the US, Canada and Australia. Our established Minsk office is centrally located at the heart of the city on Internatsionalnaya street. We work remotely at the moment due to the pandemic, but the office is open.
- Developing Lyte platform working with a full product squads located cross geo locations and time zones
- General knowledge and understanding of Lyte product with deeper expertise in the current squad’s product area to help understand technical aspects and limitations of the product
- Be first hand experienced advocate for product improvement for path to intuitive self-served systems
- Technical Support
- First responder to critical reported product or system issues
- Responsiveness to monitoring alarms from production systems
- Timely communication with colleagues to help set up or manage events and resolve issues in business time-sensitive situations
- Actively use and maintain the knowledge base and runbooks about the product incidents (for internal use)
Someone who understands Python/Django inside and out including Django
- ORM and will likely have 1+ years experience with.
- Knowledgeable about API creation
- Have understanding of front-end technologies, such as JS, CSS, HTML5
- Experienced with Celery or equivalent
- Have test writing and debugging skills
- Have understanding of application architectures and approaches such as SOA, microservices, monoliths with ability to choose preferred ones
- Knowledgeable of CI, CD and other processes based on DevOps philosophy
- Experienced with Linux and one of clouds (we are using AWS)
- Have understanding of Docker and containerization
- Familiar with other web-frameworks, programming languages and paradigms
- Experienced with load testing and profiling
- Knowledgeable of React.js or other MVVM UI frameworks
For our employees we compensate:
- Medical services (a contract with "LODE" center)
- Tickets to live events (concerts, festivals, theatre performances)
- Education (IT and language courses)
Also we offer:
- A mature team of people who realize that work life balance requires rigor, discipline, and internal organization.
- Creative and product driven environment. If you have an interesting engineering idea, we are open to discussing it and potentially acting on it
- Some projects are really ambitious, and you will have an opportunity to improve your skills without being constrained by legacy code
- 6 sick days per year
- Bonus program for significant events in employees' life